Almost half of the GCSE grades achieved by Ellesmere College pupils are A* to B (9-6) and a third are A* to A (9-7), in another excellent set of results published today.
Students and staff are celebrating the outstanding results, now reported as numbers, with some stand-out performances at level 9-7 (A*/A).
- Kezia Hutchings, from Kinnerley, achieved ten 9/8 grades (A*/A).
- Emily Ashley, from Wem, and Alanah O’Brien, from Llangollen, were awarded nine 9/8 grades and a 7 (A*/A).
- Dorian Puzovic, from Shrewsbury, gained eight 9/8 grades plus a 7 (A*/A).
- Rory Smith, from Oswestry, achieved seven 9/8 grades and two 7s (A*/A).
- Kizzy Lumley-Edwards, from Whittington, gained six 9/8 grades and three 7s (A*/A).
- Maddie Free-Carmichael, from Worthenbury, was awarded five 9/8 grades and four 7s (A*/A).
- Carol Shi, from Shenyang in China, only joined Ellesmere College in September 2018 to pursue the one year pre-6th International course and managed to achieve six 9/8 grades (A*/A).
Top performer, Kezia, 16, said: “I am so pleased I achieved ten 9/8 grades (A*/A) – I worked really hard and it has paid off.
“I’m really looking forward to studying Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A Level here in September.”
Many pupils are now looking forward to joining Kezia at Ellesmere College Sixth Form in September where they will embark on either A Levels, the International Baccalaureate Diploma, or BTEC Diploma in Sport courses.
Pupils in year 9 and 10 have also completed some early GCSEs and First Certificates in Languages and Finance with excellent results.
Headmaster Brendan Wignall, said: “I am always impressed with how our pupils manage to combine achieving an excellent academic record along with maintaining their valued contribution to the musical, dramatic and sporting life of the college.
“It is very pleasing to see their hard work pay off and these results are a credit to pupils, to their teachers and, of course, to their parents.”
The excellent GCSE results come after students achieved an overall pass rate of 96% in their A-Levels, published last week, with more than half of all grades awarded at A*/A/B level.
For more information about Ellesmere College, please visit: www.ellesmere.com